Monday, May 1, 2017
Blogger Approved Piece: The Gingham Trench
Gingham is still having a major moment and duster coats are all that! Wearing this authentically sophisticated duster coat, I felt like a total street style star. This season's oversize jackets are straight up slaying thanks to designers that showcased them very prominently on the runways.
How To Wear
As a topper, anything really can go under a duster. From dresses to pants, shorts, skirts and jeans. I love the extreme oversize fit of mine and enjoyed the flowy action. The tie sleeves was a welcome cute detail. Here are 7 full proof ways to rock dusters this Spring.
1. What ever you are decide to ‘hide’ under your duster, it will take your look several notches up from blah to fab! If your scarves, booties and beanies are still within reach, by all means show them love paired with a Spring approved skirt and a duster.
2. Rock your fishnets under your favorite distressed jeans and finish with a duster for a street chic look.
3. I love a clean white look in the Spring. Don’t we all? A tee, white distressed jeans and a duster over is another tres chic way to rock this trend. Pair with sneakers or sandals.
4. If you are already missing the darks of winter, then go for an all black look as against an all white. Duster up and be on your way, effortlessly might I add.
5. I don’t have nearly enough grey pieces in my closet and an all grey look would honestly be the next way I rock this duster. Tried it? How did it look?
6. Another great way to rock your dusters is with wide leg pants. I’ve worn this one with a pair of wide leg blue jeans and I loved it even more. Gosh I should have shot that look too!
7. I’m not a big fan of graphic tees but those as well as any other print items work great with dusters and make for very fun looks.
Like I said above, dusters are still all the rage this Spring. So I guess a gingham duster is the most ‘on trend’ piece of the season! Not sold on this yet? Take a look at the pictures. I’ve included quite a few images shot from different angles that show that ‘Dusting is No Longer a Chore’. It makes warding off the elements completely effortless. I Styled mine with a distressed boyfriend jeans that my older daughter has now snatched away (Ha!), a cool classic white shirt with extra long sleeves that added a tad of interest to my look and a pair of black pumps.
Omg, I just realized this look hits about 5 trends.
Oversize: check! Duster: check! Gingham: check!! Extra long sleeves: check! Boyfriend jeans: check! Dare I add ‘Fabulous: check check check’!
Duster coats are fun, flattering and a chic addition to any look. I read that they were originally worn by horsemen as a utility coat for the sole purpose of protecting their clothing from dust and dirt. Makes a lot of sense right?
Duster - Top Shop (here)
Boyfriend Jeans - Forever 21 (here)
Shirt - W Concept (here)
Belt - Gucci (old, here)
Heels - Christian Louboutin (here)
Cross Body Bag - Style we (here)